Not all of us are shaped the same which means we can’t all wear the same silhouettes. There are secrets for dressing for your body type! I figured out that I am triangle shaped. Triangles normally have narrow shoulders and waists, with larger hips and small bust lines (um hello look at my proportions 31-26-38). Don’t worry if you’re not a triangle too, I’ll be updating more tips and trends for all body types over the next few weeks!
What are your body proportions?
- Your shoulders and waist are narrower than the hips
- You have large hips and small bust line
- Your waist is well defined, your thighs may be full and your bottom could be round
What should you wear on top?
- Structured jackets
- Boat neck tops
- Detail tops like ruffles, pleats, or patterns
What should you wear on bottom?
- Jeans that are straight leg, boot leg or low rise fit
- A-line skirts and dresses that cinch in at the waist and then flow away from the body
- Darker colors on the bottom
Accessories such as statement necklaces draw attention to the svelte shoulder area and up towards the face. Heels and wedges are a great way to elongate the legs. A light colored top and dark colored pant is a great way to accentuate a triangle shape!