I did a post on dressing for your body if you’re triangle shaped about two weeks ago and now I’ve moved onto rectangle shaped! Typically a rectangle shaped body means your shoulders are as wide as your hips. You’re waist has little definition; you have a smaller bust with long legs and a flat bottom. This body type is typically more common in aging women or if you have recently gained weight. But do not worry! I am here to help you dress your best if you find yourself in this category!
What should you wear on top?
– Use strong blocks of color to help define your body
– Wear tops and jackets that emphasize the waist
– Any jacket tailored around the waist will look great
– You can use some shoulder padding
– Medium to high necklines usually work well
– Blouses can look really good if they are tucked in
What should you wear on bottom?
– a line skirts work really well for this shape
– You can also go the other way and wear a tight skirt or pants to highlight the curves that you DO have
– You can wear almost any shape trousers but slightly flared trousers will look great on you as it will add more shape to your body
– A knee length pencil skirt that tapers in at the side will also add some curves and look good
– If you like the waist less look you can opt for straight skirts and shirt dresses
What colors look good on this body shape?
– Bright colors
– Prints and patterns
What accessories work well?
– Avoid waist length bags because they draw attention to your straight frame.
– Statement jewelry such as a chunky necklace or a pair of trendy earrings helps drawing the eye to your upper body.
– Print and bright colored scarves are also your best