Last night I got to go see one of my favorite people, my hairstylist (and good friend) Julia! She used me as a hair model for a demo at her salon during a event they were having last night. I got to pretend I had big hair with the new type of extensions called the Halo. There was entirely too much wine involved. Julia has been doing my hair for years now and I don’t let anyone else lay a finger on my pretty little head. Hopefully we’ll get the ball rolling on a collaboration between us soon. In the mean time check out the salon she’s at, Muse and like them on Facebook!
Tag Archives: dress
Last night was another fun filled girl’s night with a birthday party thrown in. Lots of champagne and shenanigans. I was feeling very 70’s hippie chic yesterday with my Brandy Melville silky rayon pants in the aztec print. I paired a Nastygal crop top, nude wedges and a Rebecca Minkoff bag to complete the look. They’re beyond comfy and breathable and can be styled casual or dressed up. I highly recommend grabbing yourself a pair of pants like these for summer.
I did a post on dressing for your body if you’re triangle shaped about two weeks ago and now I’ve moved onto rectangle shaped! Typically a rectangle shaped body means your shoulders are as wide as your hips. You’re waist has little definition; you have a smaller bust with long legs and a flat bottom. This body type is typically more common in aging women or if you have recently gained weight. But do not worry! I am here to help you dress your best if you find yourself in this category!
What should you wear on top?
– Use strong blocks of color to help define your body
– Wear tops and jackets that emphasize the waist
– Any jacket tailored around the waist will look great
– You can use some shoulder padding
– Medium to high necklines usually work well
– Blouses can look really good if they are tucked in
What should you wear on bottom?
– a line skirts work really well for this shape
– You can also go the other way and wear a tight skirt or pants to highlight the curves that you DO have
– You can wear almost any shape trousers but slightly flared trousers will look great on you as it will add more shape to your body
– A knee length pencil skirt that tapers in at the side will also add some curves and look good
– If you like the waist less look you can opt for straight skirts and shirt dresses
What colors look good on this body shape?
– Bright colors
– Prints and patterns
What accessories work well?
– Avoid waist length bags because they draw attention to your straight frame.
– Statement jewelry such as a chunky necklace or a pair of trendy earrings helps drawing the eye to your upper body.
– Print and bright colored scarves are also your best
Just a quick round up to put you in the mood for this summer’s trends! Lots of bold prints, lace, crop tops, flowy skirts and cut outs! I can’t wait to find myself a pair of short overalls to pair with a crop top, oversized sunnies and a great platform sandal. My maxi dress obsession has also carried over into long flowy skirts. Brandy Melville has a ton of fun skirts to choose from and they’re not expensive at all. I also got myself a new pair of cream high top converse that I’ve been wearing nonstop whether it’s with jean shorts or even a cute sun dress. Summer is all about being comfy so why not look cute too?
Found myself listening to Fiona Apple’s Tidal album today. I forgot how much of a girl crush I have on Fiona circa the late 90’s.